Saturday, August 11, 2012

Long sleeves on an August morning?  LOVE IT!   

The last post being September of 2011 really shows how long this journey has been, but we are almost together.  Mine and Katie's visas are coming today and all we wait for is the "go ahead" from the Embassy to book our flight.  It is surreal!  The waiting, the paperwork, the tears, the stress will be all worth it when I meet my son for the first time.  It is hard to explain how you can love someone you have never met, but God has placed him in my heart and family and I am blessed beyond measure!  So now I gather for the trip.....his little clothes and shoes, toys, snacks, first aid stuff and things for the orphanage.  Come on phone...RING, or email....DING!!  I am ready:-).

The next big change since September is that this blog should say "Journey to find SONS".  That's right....2 BOYS!  HA!   Dwight is coming home too!!  YIPPEEE!   The last I heard from Jamaica is that it could be as soon as 2-3 months, which means I could have both boys by Christmas!  What a Christmas gift would that be?   A house filled with smiles, laughter, lights, music, food, Jesus and FAMILY!  That is what it's all about.

Am I scared?  Absolutely!!  Do I fully comprehend how much my life is about to change?  No way!!  But I know that I am living out the path that God has put me on, and because of that, HE will give me everything I need to raise these boys to be fine young men!  He will place people in my life when I need help.  He will place people in their lives when they need a male role model.  He will Bless us on this Road!


I wanted to start this blog back up so I can use it to keep you updated while in Africa and moving forward to Jamaica.  We will have sporadic WiFi, so I will update as frequently as I can!!

Thank you for praying and being constant encouragement!
Cindy, Christian and Dwight!   oh...and Sophie and Abner of course:-)).








4 comments:

  1. You and your family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This past July I went to Robin's Nest and, like you, fell in love with the kids there. I am a 37yo single teacher and, because of this trip, have decided to start the process to adopt from Jamaica...hopefully from The Nest. Since making this decision I have been looking for stories from others that have been through this process. Today I happened upon your blog and went back to read from the beginning. What is funny about reading this is that, when you described your "little man" being mad at you and then sticking his two fingers in his mouth one little boy came to mind. As I read later blogs I realized that your "little man" was the same boy that came to mind. While there I got to play with Dwight quite a bit. He was in my group for the VBS that we conducted and when we did many of the evening activities with the kids. He is an absolute delight! He has the brightest, cutest smile that is irresistible! Without knowing it, your story played a part in my decision to adopt before I even happened upon your blog. One of the mission team leaders from our church is on the board of Robin's Nest(and also in the middle of adopting from Jamaica).. While on the trip I shared with her that I had thought of adoption before, but didn't want to do it because I was single and thought it would be too hard. At that point she said, "Dwight's mom is a single woman also...and she has already adopted one lite boy!" My initial reaction was, "Well, I'm not as crazy as her", but have since changed my tune as God has been working on my heart.
    So, I am just now sending my pre-adoption papers to MoBay and have a long journey ahead of me, but feel a little better knowing that others like you have gone before me.
    Keeping you, Dwight and Christian in my prayers.
    God Bless,
    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete