Wednesday, June 1, 2011

God Has A Plan

It has been a while!!   I want to send an update even though I don't have any exciting news.   The last few calls to Jamaica over the last month have not been very positive.   I sit and wonder if this will ever happen??   Most international adoptions are conducted through agencies, so there is someone in the middle being an advocate for you.  Jamaica does not work with agencies.  This is good, in that the cost is so much lower, but bad in that I have to deal directly with the government myself and they are not willing to give any information.  They just tell me "I am on the waiting list and they will let me know when there is an available child for me".   It is very frustrating, mostly because I have a fear of waiting 2 or 3 years and never getting a referral.

So...the wheels start turning.   I have been considering other avenues.  There are almost no other countries who allow singles to adopt.   I have considered going the birth mother route through the states, but I am not quite there yet.  I have always felt that my little one would be a 3 - 5yrs old.   On Sunday, I googled "Caribbean Adoption" and found a site with waiting children.  There was a picture of a beautiful sibling group of a girl and boy from Haitie.  They are 1.5 and 2.5 yrs old.  They are precious!!   However, when I called the Holt agency, I found out that even though they are waiting and available...the process through Haiti is still going to take 2 - 3 years.  On top of that, they do not speak english and the cost would be around $25,000.

For those of you who wonder, I have called Children Services in Nashville and have searched for available children in the states, and they are all older children which is not what God has put in my heart.

So, where am I today???  I am back to my resolve of waiting on Jamaica!!  This is where God lead to begin and I truly have to put my trust in the fact that HE has a plan!   There has to be a reason that I am going to have to wait.    I will continue to pray and save money and prepare my heart for the day that Jamaica calls to tell me my son is ready to come to his forever home!

Thank you for sharing in my journey!
Love,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment