Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Journey Takes A Curve!

There were many reasons for choosing Jamaica, not the least of which is that God opened the door, and used a trip to start this whole process.   But, another appeal for Jamaica is that the cost is SIGNIFICANTLY less.   Like  $8000 compared to $25,000.  This is because there really isn't a country fee, and they do use agencies, so there is no agency fee.  This positive has turned into a negative.  There is no advocate over there working on my behalf so things just continue to move extremely slow (or not at all).

I have been contemplating all of my options and after doing A LOT of research, emailing, and reference checking....I made a decision to contract with an agency and I am seeking to adopt from the Democratic Republic of Congo in Africa.   I am THRILLED!!  There are waiting children there so this process should move much more quickly.  Within a year, prayerfully.  And I get to travel to Africa and bring him home.  HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!   A ONCE IN A LIFE EXPERIENCE!

One of the most difficult parts of this decision was the fear of going against what God has for me and being convinced that I have a son in Jamaica.  So, I am NOT pulling my paperwork from Jamaica.  If God has a son for me there, and I eventually get a call from them telling me he is ready...then I will just have two little boys.  What a blessing!!  Still praying for the "little man" in the pictures.

Another hard decision was worrying about the financial responsibility that comes with the program.  I had a peace in church on Sunday morning that said...I can do this.    The money we have is not ours anyway, it is a blessing from God and HE will provide.    It is not like I am taking all of that money and buying a sports car or a bigger house, I am giving a child a home and really saving a life!  Plus...I get to be a mama! YAY!!

I will have some fundraising opportunities in the next few months, so stay tuned in!!!

Thank you for walking this journey with me!
Love,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment